Download it's free
Free Online Dictionary
Wikipedia English The Free Encyclopedia
|Download this dictionary|
- January 1
- January 5 – American rock band Aerosmith releases their debut album.
- January 7 – Mark Essex kills 9 people at the Howard Johnson's hotel in downtown New Orleans.
- January 14 – Elvis Presley's concert in Hawaii is the first worldwide telecast by an entertainer, that is watched by more people than watched the Apollo moon landings.
- January 15 – Vietnam War: Citing progress in peace negotiations, U.S. President Richard Nixon announces the suspension of offensive action in North Vietnam.
- January 16 – Anna Christian Waters, 5 years old, disappears from her home in Purisima Canyon, near Half Moon Bay, California.
- January 17 – Ferdinand Marcos becomes President for Life of the Philippines.
- January 18 – Eleven Labour Party councillors in Clay Cross, Derbyshire, England, are ordered to pay £6,985 for not enforcing the Housing Finance Act.
- January 20 – U.S. President Richard Nixon is inaugurated for his second term.
- January 21 – The Communist League is founded in Denmark.
- January 22
- Roe v. Wade: The U.S. Supreme Court overturns state bans on abortion.
- George Foreman defeats Joe Frazier to win the heavyweight world boxing championship.
- A Royal Jordanian Boeing 707 flight from Jeddah crashes in Kano, Nigeria; 176 people are killed.
- Former U.S. President Lyndon B. Johnson dies at his Stonewall, Texas ranch, leaving no former U.S. President living until the resignation of Richard Nixon in 1974.
- The crew of Apollo 17 addresses a joint session of Congress after the completion of the final Apollo moon landing mission.
- January 23
- January 25 – English actor Derren Nesbitt is convicted of assaulting his wife Anne Aubrey.
- January 27 – U.S. involvement in the Vietnam War ends with the signing of the Paris Peace Accords.
- January 31 – Pan American and Trans World Airlines cancelled their options to buy 13 Concorde airliners.
|See more at Wikipedia.org...|
The following video provides you with the correct English pronunciation of the word "1973", to help you become a better English speaker.
© This article uses material from Wikipedia® and is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License and under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License
| 1973 in English | 1973 in French | 1973 in Italian | 1973 in Spanish | 1973 in Dutch | 1973 in Portuguese | 1973 in German | 1973 in Russian | 1973 in Japanese | 1973 in Turkish | 1973 in Hebrew | 1973 in Thai | 1973 in Polish | 1973 in Hungarian | 1973 in Czech | 1973 in Lithuanian | 1973 in Latvian | 1973 in Catalan | 1973 in Croatian | 1973 in Serbian | 1973 in Albanian | 1973 in Urdu | 1973 in Bulgarian | 1973 in Finnish | 1973 in Norwegian | 1973 in Romanian | 1973 in Swedish | 1973 in Hindi | 1973 in Vietnamese | 1973 in Filipino